Saturday, January 11, 2020

Two Steps Forward by Suzanne Woods Fisher

The conclusion to the The Deacon's Family Series was a wonderful conglomeration of the previous books with characters that were in previous writings by this author.  I loved how they reappeared and meshed so well with this book.

Sylvie needs help.  She's a widow with a large farm in very run down condition and unpaid back taxes.  She hires her neighbors son, Jimmy, who has been away from home for quite a period of time.  The situation between Jimmy's mother and Sylvie is not a good one and her hiring of Jimmy does not sit well with his mother.  But Jimmy has a special way with horses and Sylvie has a beautiful Arabian stallion.

I love how this book revolves around a beautiful Arabian horse and horse breeding which is a new and refreshing angle.  Love new ideas in an Amish series.  I have read the earlier books of this series, and therefore recognized the names and personalities that appear in this book.  But I still think that it can easily be a stand alone book.

All in all, I loved the book, the series and the amazing writing style of this wonderful author.

I received a copy from Revell Publishing.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment