Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Land Beneath Us by Sarah Sundin (Sunrise at Normandy Series. Book #3)

Did I love this book?  In a word, yes!!!!  It is the third book in the Sunrise in Normandy Series.  And I mistakenly read book 3 before book 2, which is sitting on my TBR pile!  But regardless of that, this book read well, on it's own and kept me spellbound.  None-the-less, I'll be reading book two!

The characters in this book were stunning examples of lives well lived.  Clay Paxton is working and training to be a US Army Ranger.  He meets Leah Jones, who works at the library at Camp Forrest.  They begin a sweet friendship and then tragedy strikes in the life of Leah.  This changes everything. 

Clay is there to help pick up the pieces and mend both body and spirit of beautiful Leah.  In a marriage of convenience, which is separated by Clays deployment, life for Leah is one of healing and overcoming the past. 

I loved both Leah and Clay.  They had so much to deal with, and although it's not easy, they continue on.

I loved the adoption situation in Leah's past and the search for family which ensued. 

This was a heart wrenching, moving story.  There isn't a single dull moment as both of their lives continue both at home and abroad.  And what will happen to the marriage of convenience when and "if" Clay returns?  You have to read this book.  It was that good.  If I could give it 10 stars, I definitely would!

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment