Monday, January 31, 2022

Mrs. Witherspoon Goes To War by Mary Davis (Heroines of WWII)


I really enjoyed Mrs. Witherspoon Goes to War.  She is a widow and mom of two daughters who chooses to do her part in the war effort.  I think she is a strong character as were her two fellow WASPS.  She has ambition and sees the worth of a soul!  And that was something I loved about her.  Their patriotism was amazing and speaks highly of the women who were actively involved in the war efforts despite their male counterparts that saw them through a different viewpoint and were not always supportive of their efforts.

There was romance between Peggy and the major that grew over time.  There was adventure and action the story continues.  It was a story that kept you reading and I enjoyed it very much.

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment