Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Christmas Cradle by Charlotte Hubbard


The Christmas Cradle is from the Seasons of the Heart series.  I have read most of these and was so happy to be able to read this book as well.

Book Synopsis: The Christmas Cradle

For the peaceful town of Willow Ridge, November presents an early holiday surprise. Stranded in the snow, 18-year-old Lena Esh and her boyfriend Josiah Witmer need more than a place to stay for the night. Lena defied her strict family and their judgmental beliefs to run away with Josiah and have his baby. But she's starting to wonder if he can prove as responsible as he is passionate. And she isn't sure how—or if—they can ever find a place to truly call home.

Expecting their own miracle baby, Miriam and Ben Hooley rally the town to help the young couple, and Lena draws strength from their unexpected support. Though trouble may come calling, in this season of joyous rebirth, a little child will lead them. And two couples will see their dreams of forever family come true . . .

My review:
Thus far in the series, I have loved each of the books that I had read.  So I hoped I would love this one too!  And I did.  I love how the memories of the characters from the previous books came back as I read about nurse Andy and the others which carry through in the series and become one happy family, rather than just friends.

It was a pleasure to read and see the growth in the characters and how each struggles with some little aspects in life that are hard to get over, but through time, friends and family and the every-presence of God, the problems work for our good.  The reminder of forgiveness carries throughout this book as I read each page.  Ben and Miriam are the perfect examples as they go through life with struggles and try to overcome them.  Even some that are very hard to overcome.  The book is the perfect Christmas story and I would highly recommend reading it.  And as in her previous Seasons of the Heart books, she includes some wonderful recipes which I look forward to trying

Charlotte Hubbard is a great Amish fiction writer!  She never disappoints!  I look forward to her next series called Promise Lodge Series which is scheduled for March 2016. A little preview is at the end of this book as well!

Connect with Charlotte Hubbard at this link!

Charlotte Hubbard, Author

Disclosure: 
I received a copy of this book from the author for my honest review which I have given.  

No comments:

Post a Comment