Saturday, September 26, 2015

Anna's Healing by Vannetta Chapman

A beautiful cover-a wonderful book.  I really had no idea what a wonderful read I was in for when I received this amazing book.  I am so happy that I had this opportunity to be able to read it.  Here is the synopsis:

In the first of a new series from this author, we find the once peaceful town of Cody's Creek being devastated by tornadoes which causes a horrific accident in the life of Anna Schwartz who was working in the fields with the horses.  As she sees the funnel approaching and hurries the horses towards shelter she is thrown and life as she knows it totally comes to a halt.

Although she survives the accident, her life has now been confined to a wheelchair with no hope of walking again.

I understand the feelings that the book shows that Anna is feeling, aside from the pain, shock and uselessness, she is consumed by feelings of depression.  As she is ministered to by friends and family, she again finds herself pulling closer to God and as those around her continue to pray for her, her spirits are lifted and she tries to adjust to her situation and do what she can.

There are some very wonderful lessons taught in this book and many passages that I marked as I was reading this book, something I don't usually do, but this book touched me deeply in many ways and I felt that many readers of Christian writings would also find these thoughts uplifting and moving.

Vannetta reminds us that God's ways are not always our ways and that His wisdom knows what should be for each of us and that some of our prayers are not answered in the ways hoped for or expected.

A very good read.  I highly recommend this book.

Rating: 5 stars
Content: clean, Christian

This wonderful book will be available on Oct. 1, and can be preordered at this link. 

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review, which I have given.
The author:  Vannetta Chapman.  Connect with Vannetta at her website.


No comments:

Post a Comment