Saturday, May 6, 2017

My People, The Amish by Joe Keim

This powerful, deeply intense book by former Amish, Joe Keim, shares a first-hand account of his Amish life, family and his attempts to leave.  Not as easy as one would think...  The emotional ties remain for his family, yet the beliefs do not work for all Amish and in trying to find their ways, they often actually get lost, as did Joe.

As he forges a path away from his Amish community, he and his wife, Esther, plan their departure from their Amish families and community.

This book does not hold back any of the feelings, the mistakes and the trials of this difficult time.  It wasn't always smooth sailing, but Joe Keim found his way and now has a ministry to help other Amish in their decisions to leave and start new lives.

It is a very well written story of a father and son,  a story that I feel is an honest representation of what occurred in their lives as well as probably many Amish families.

I was very happy to have had an opportunity to read this amazing account of Joe Keim's life amongst his Amish people.  It was hard to put the book down and as I read it, I gained a better understanding of this group of people and their culture.  I am sure this will make interesting reading for  anyone that is interested in the Amish.  I have learned a lot from reading this and highly recommend reading it.

I received an e-book copy for my honest review, which I have given. All thoughts are my own.

This book will be available on June 1, 2017 and you can pre-order it at this link.


3 comments:

  1. Sonja, I'm glad you had the opportunity to read my book. From the beginning, I prayed that God would use it to make a difference in the life of every reader, whether Amish or non-Amish.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your words are filled with kindness and are a direct answer to prayer.

    Be blessed and greatly favored by God!

    --Joe Keim, Author of My People, the Amish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope many people will have a chance to read this book. You have a lot of important things to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also read Joe's book and loved it! I recommend it to anyone who'd like to gain more insight into Amish lifestyle and customs.

    ReplyDelete