Sunday, April 14, 2019

Anasazi Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke Audible Version

When I heard of this title it fascinated me greatly because I have a real interest in the Indian petroglyphs, especially those in the state of Utah, where I live.

This amazing artwork and the ancient villages where the Anasazi Indians lived are so amazing and a wonderful sight to see.

This Audible book by Linda Weaver Clarke weaves history, fiction, mystery and romance all into one book.

This author writes about some of the events that occurred in Utah some years ago.  It is a most interesting way of uniting history and fiction into one very good story.  As the story begins, the devastating flood of 2005 is relentlessly taking away with it, homes, property and belongings and what appears to be a possible poison causing death to the fish and animal life.

The main characters Julia and John Evans are a charming couple.  Julia, a novice newspaper reporter hoping to become a reporter with a breaking story that will definitely make an impression.  And that she does when she starts to investigate what appears to be a less than fascinating story.  As the story progresses she runs across some pretty shady characters.  Julia seems to be a courageous woman and also a wonderful wife and mother at the same time.  Her husband, John, not without his faults, is a worthy husband and support in her adventure. 

This  is a really fun read.  I especially enjoyed the history that I remember occurred, not too long ago here in Utah.  I remember the news reports of the houses being shown over and over again on the news as we watched in unbelief.

The story was interesting and I could see myself in the Virgin River area looking for the ruins and the relics that might be there to be discovered.  Loved it!  

I have heard several Audible books narrated by Carolyn Kashner and this one was also great.  She has a pleasant speaking voice with great vocal expression.  I enjoyed this book in Audible form very much!

I received an Audible version of this book from the author.  All thoughts are my own.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome review! I love it. Thanks, Sonja, for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete