Saturday, May 24, 2014

Heartland Courtship by Lyn Cote

This book released in February of this year.  I found it at Wal-Mart and being a historical kind of person, I really wanted to read it.  I am so glad I did.  This book is about a Quaker woman, Rachel Woolsey who stakes a homestead claim in Pepin, Wisconsin.  She nurses back to health a former soldier of the Civil War, Brennan Merriday, who in return helps her to proof  her claim. 

She earns her living by baking and selling her goods to the passengers of the boats that stop in her town.  She finds herself attracted to this man only to find out that he hasn't told her some things of his past which at first disturb her.  Brennan's plan is to help her with her claim and then hit the road, again but his plans get sidetracked when an unknown boy enters his life.

I really enjoyed this book and it was a really good read.  I liked Lyn Cote's style of writing as it was quite different from some of the recent books that I have read.  I hope to read many more of her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment