Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Bali Mystery by Linda Weaver Clarke


I was lucky enough to get a copy of the Audible version of The Bali Mystery.  This was part 1 of the Amelia Moore Mystery Series.  I must say the series has some really interesting settings.  This definitely adds depth to the book with obviously lots of needed research on the part of the author, which clearly was the case.

This is a cozy mystery and so not the intense type of mystery and I find that I am really enjoying that alot. There was a little romance, mystery and some suspense all rolled into one.  Because I had the Audible version, I was able to read it while driving to work, which made the otherwise boring trip quite interesting. 

The narrator, Diane Lehman does an impressive job including different voices for the different characters.  This gave the book a lot of interest for the reader as well as helping to identify who was speaking at the time.

I do like / prefer a clean romance.  That is me.  I appreciate that there are still clean romances out there, telling me that I apparently am not the only one that feels that way.  So this book definitely scored points for me in this area.  In other words, a good Christian read.

Amelia and Rick seem to work together well in this book and I will plan on reading other works by this author.  Her assignment:  Find the missing brother.  Her partner in detective work: Rick Bonito.
The setting:  Bali.

Amelia wants to keep the relationship between Rick and herself completely professional, but with a beautiful setting, the perfect person, and a lot of time together, it will be interesting to see how that all turns out.  I am quite certain you will really enjoy this read and I highly recommend it!

I received an Audible copy from the author for my honest review, which I have given.  No monetary compensation was received.

 

Author Linda Weaver Clarke. Read more about Linda Weaver Clark at this link.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it, Sonja. Diane Lehman is a great narrator.

    ReplyDelete