Saturday, June 27, 2015

Torn Asunder by Alana Terry

I was the lucky winner of an Audible version of Torn Asunder by Alana Terry.  To be honest, at first it sat on the TBR pile for a while, as heavy, serious and tragic stories are not my favorite genre style of books.

In this case, I would have to say this  book got an A from me.  It was dramatic, heart wrenching, frightening and emotional, as well as warm and touching.  It was a combination of just about all the emotions that you might feel in a lifetime.

As Hannah and Simon are trained to become a part of the underground Christian movement in North Korea, you feel and realize all the persecutions, the trials and the happiness that such an experience can bring.  The story has many of my parents' WWII experiences as they too, wanted religious freedoms and personal freedoms in their East German world.  So for me, I could totally relate to both Hannah and Simon, as they experienced all these hardships at a very young age.

Their love story is also a tender story, yet their feelings of devotion to their cause sometimes makes that love secondary and set aside.  The story is gripping and you won't want to put it down.

Alana Terry is an excellent writer.  Her skills are amazing as she draws you into the book and then there is no way out!  You have to read this book!.

No comments:

Post a Comment