Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Who I Am With You by Robin Lee Hatcher

This book was soooo good!  It touched me in a way that was near to my heart.  First, I am a genealogist and trace family ancestries as a part of my occupation.  I also have "Hennings" in my family tree as did Jessica in the story and I am German, as were her ancestors listed in the Bible that she was given. Family has a way of drawing us together.

I loved the goodness of the characters, their care and concern for others.  I loved their trust in each other, although life's events on both their parts, would give them both reasons to not trust anymore.

The characters of Ridley and Jessica are very well written.  I loved how the Bible represented to me God's presence in their lives if they allow Him in.  I enjoyed seeing the healing that took place in their lives.

The two storylines past and present, show how our lives are intertwined with those of our ancestors, their hopes for their posterity and our desires to know about them.  The themes of hardships, trust and love and hope come through clearly in this book.  I also see the fact that we will probably see these people again in another book!  So there is more and I can't wait!

I received a copy from Thomas Nelson Publishing.  All thoughts are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment