Monday, February 11, 2019

Nancy Drew The Palace of Wisdom by Kelly Thompson

When I first saw a book offered through NetGalley I was excited, after all I am from the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys generation.  I grabbed it before I really knew that first it was a comic book and animated and that it was not the Nancy Drew of my days.

So it's maybe a little unfair to write what I thought, but I wasn't impressed.  The characters did not have the same personalities and were modernized into today.  I didn't feel the storyline progressing congruently and didn't feel that I could follow it as I would have liked.  And I don't remember anyone in the Hardy Boys Series or Nancy Drew series swearing.  Couldn't really connect to the characters.  They changed a bit too much for me.  Sorry.

I received an ebook copy from NetGalley.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment