Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A Reckless Love by Beth White

This is a new author for me.  I enjoyed her writing and this book.  This apparently is book 3 of a series, which I have to admit, the previous books I have not read.  But will certainly consider doing!  I thought the book came in a timely period of our current days as it dealt with the post-war days of the Civil War and definitely relates to our current politically stressful times.

Aurora is a vivacious young woman whose path crosses with a Deputy U.S. Marshall who wears an eye patch.  Their interactions are fun and enjoyable.  I love how her grandmama tells her not to let Zane fall in love with her!  Does that ever work?

I love how they inherit the saloon and the "employees" that come along with it.  Loved it!  Aurora is the youngest of the Daughtry sisters, one married, one engaged and Aurora!

There is suspense, tension, and some sweet romance.  Zane definitely is drawn to Aurora!  The book is very engaging and I loved reading about the historical events that took place in the deep south during this turbulent time.  In was written with careful research to the post war times.  It was very good!  I loved the part where it was written she prayed for him, and prayed with him.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment