Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Devoted by Suzanne Woods Fisher



Suzanne Woods Fisher is one of my favorite Amish writers.  I have been reading her books since I first discovered the Amish genre.  She never disappoints!  The Devoted was book three in the series "The Bishop's Family".

Ruthie Stoltzfus has decisions to make about how to wants to spend the future.  She's prepared herself and is eager and self-assured.  Having been courted by Luke, she finds his lifestyle one that she isn't happy about.  

As Patrick Kelly comes to their Amish community, being an Englisher with a mission, she begins to teach him their Amish language of Pennsylvania Dutch.  

The previous book was a real cliff-hanger and here in book 3 we find the truth of what happened.  This story of forgiving, love and caring for others was an excellent story, without over glamorizing the Amish way of life.  Well written, and a page turner, I will continue to be a big fan of Suzanne's!  I highly recommend this book and can't wait to read more from this wonderful and insightful author.

I received an ebook copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review which I have given.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sonja, for being such a support! Glad you enjoyed Ruthie's story...and thanks for pointing out that "The Devoted" ties up the series, too. Love your blog, btw. Great pix, colors, framing! You have an eye for design. XO Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Suzanne! Glad you dropped by! Much success with "The Devoted".

      Delete