Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Pattern Artist by Nancy Moser

I found this book to have a fresh new idea that was very nicely worked into the history that was occuring at this time.  Being an immigrant myself, I can see how Annie felt about wanting to achieve more than what she appears to have been born into.  Coming to America as a maid for wealthy people, she found herself feeling as this was her lot in life.  She was unable to go or do anything without permission.  She and her two friends plan to run away from the life of servitude and look for better things.

Although that was the hope, it didn't always happen as she had hoped.  Yet despite sadness and hardships, Annie has the faith to keep moving forward.  And as new doors open up for her, she finds an exciting new life.  Annie is a good person, although at times, led in a path that wasn't perfect.  She's human and does human things.But in so doing, has learned to trust God and listen to his direction as she moves forward.

I really enjoyed this book.  It was so different and I actually learned something about a topic I knew very little about.  Very entertaining book!  Look forward to reading more from this author.

I received a copy of this book from the Barbour Publishing Company for my reivew.

No comments:

Post a Comment