Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Lessons on Love by Susanne Dietze, Rita Gerlach, Kathleen L. Maher, and Carrie Fancett Pagels

This was such a good book.  It's 440 pages so I thought it would take some time for me to read, but the stories were so engaging that I couldn't put it down.  It was really a great read.  There are four stories written by some very talented authors.

The four stories cover four different time periods, 1840, 1870, 1894, and 1904.  So you get a little different perspective of those years in the different stories about school teachers and their responsibilities and rules, etc.

Having been an immigrant myself, the story of the Swede's  called "Love in any Language" really hit home as I remember learning the English language and then trying to help my mom to understand, which took much longer.  It is a challenge. 

I loved "In Desperate Straits", the title being a cute play on words, and how Maggie dresses as a man to work the job that is a job that would otherwise go to one of her brothers.  Such a great story by a very talented writer.

The book was so nice to read.  I can only say I am glad not to have been a teacher back in the day.  The rules! 

I received an ARC copy from one of the authors.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment