Thursday, March 7, 2024

A is for Amish by Shelley Shepard Gray (Amish ABC's book 1)


Four siblings whose parents divorced.  The father formerly Amish, the mother "English".  The siblings have since relied on one another and been close.  They find peace and well-being when visiting their Amish grandparents.  As they discuss things, they decided that they would like to see if they would like to become members of the Amish community of their grandparents.  I really liked this book, because I could see the real possibility of them trying out a new life, one that they found good and hopefully filled with happiness for them.  As Martin and Kelsey start their lives in the Amish community they find friends and acceptance as well as some other interesting characters.  The story leaves you wanting more and I will surely want to read the next book in the series.  I have to know what happens next!  I received a book that I was lucky to win in a giveaway.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment