Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Gingerbread Bride by Amy Lillard



Maddie was in love with Harlan and wanted to be sure he felt the same way.  In this historical fiction, which takes place in 1870 in the Ozarks in Alabama, an old woman convinces Maddie she has a love potion that will do the trick.

Maddie begins to feel guilty about what she has done to cause Harlan to have strong feelings about her and is convinced those feelings stem from her love potion.

This story is probably very true to the period and is a sweet story that will keep your attention.  Perhaps is was a bit too hard to convince Maddie of Harlan’s feelings than it could have been, but I enjoyed the story and Amy Lillard’s books have always been enjoyable to me.

I received an ebook copy of The Gingerbread Bride for my honest review, which I have given.

 This book is part of a 12 part series in the called The Heartland Brides.

You can find this series at various booksellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment