Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Three Sisters by Helen Smith

This is the first book or short story that I have read from author Helen Smith.  She is a British author and I felt the British style in her writings as some of the terminology was definitely different than most of the authors I have read in the past.

The writing style was quite different as was some of the vocabulary used.  The pages were very descriptive in the explanation of what was happening.  Emily Castle, protagonist in this story, had recently lost her dog to death and living in a new neighborhood.  She was invited to a bonfire and Halloween party.  All described quite precisely by the author.  The guests/entertainers were all a bit on the unusual side.

At this gathering were many entertainers/performers, including knife throwers and others from Hungary.  It is interesting to see the death and sudden "reappearance" of the "murdered" person in the story.  Was it real or was it part of the performance?  That you will need to discover for yourself.

I am usually not one to read too many short stories, but it held my interest and the new style of writing kept me wondering what would happen and would the mystery be resolved or not.  I enjoyed it and will probably read other stories in this series.

I was given a ebook copy of this book from the author for my honest review which I have given.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment