Sunday, May 17, 2015

First Impressions by Sarah Price

This is part 1 and I have already read and reviewed part 2.  Typical me!  I loved this book!  I enjoyed it from the first page.  Another Jane Austen Amish retelling of Pride and Prejudice and I think it was very well written.

Five single daughters in the Blank household.  They hear that Charles Beachy and a cousin will be coming from Ohio, there is a hope that these two men might be great husbands for two of their daughters.  At first it would appear that Jane and Charles are a great match, but as the story unfolds, and Charles returned to Ohio, it appears he has other plans than what Jane had been hoping.

Lizzie, however, has no desire to start a courting or any type of relationship, really with Frederick Detweiler.  He is definitely prideful and has none of the qualities she would want in a good husband.

But first impressions can be wrong or were they right, this time?  To find out you will need to read this great read and I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys the Amish genre!

No comments:

Post a Comment