Thursday, November 17, 2016

Karla by Sharon Srock (Audible Version)

Faith, love, patience, loss, recovery and forgiveness are some of the themes that you will see in this wonderful book by Sharon Srock.  It is book 6 in the Valley View series.  It can easily be considered a stand-alone book as well.  It is the final book of this series.

I really enjoyed it.  Being close to Karla in age, I can understand her feelings of loss after a long, happy marriage and then trying to make it on her own.  It is interesting to see the reactions of friends and family as Karla tries to emerge from the darkness of her loss and return to living a happy and fulfilling life.

Relationships with family can be strained as is apparent in this book and made it feel real to me.  I think the characters were well portrayed and it was easy to see their feelings as they dealt with the problems they faced.

I enjoyed the expression and characterization of the narrator, Laura Jennings, and felt that she did a great job to bring across the feelings of the people she portrayed.  I definitely want to read and "listen" to more books by this author.

I received an Audible version of this book from the author for my honest review, which I have given.
You can grab a copy at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment