Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The Rancher Takes a Cook by Misty M. Beller (Audible Version)


 I love this author and having a chance to "hear" one of her historical books was a real treat for me.  This is Book 1 of the Texas Rancher Trilogy.  So I am hoping I can get a chance to read or listen to the remaining 2 books in this series.

The story takes place in Seguin, Texas.  This is very near to where one of my ancestor's came as a Polish immigrant in 1854, probably close to the time period of the book. So I am very familiar with this area and the land. That was a definite plus for me!

Anna's brother takes a job as a cattle hand on the ranch and she is worried about him and so she takes the job of cook so she can keep a little eye on her brother.  I really enjoyed this book.  Most of the books that I have had the pleasure of reading from this author are historical adventure stories, so this was nice to see another side of her writing talents.

I enjoyed listening to this Audible book very much.  I loved also that I could be driving, cooking and doing other things while listening to this story!  I enjoyed the expressions and accents used by the narrator, Tiffany Williams.

Loved the book!

I received an Audible book from the author. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment