Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Funny Book Reader's Experience!

So last week, my co-worker and I were talking about Amish books.  I lent her a copy of Huckleberry Spring by Jennifer Beckstrand.  And she asked if I had read Plain Promise by Beth Wiseman.  I said "No".  Which was the truth.  She brought it to work for me to read.
I was very happy to be able to borrow this book.  At the price of books, it was a nice trade.  So I took the book home and started reading it.  I got to about page 210 as I was doing some late night reading in this book.  I leaned to the side where my TBR book pile was and saw this:
Look down towards the bottom.  There you can see something that says "Beth Wiseman" on the side.

So I pull out this book from the pile, which looks like what is below:
Hmmmm...does the girl on the left side look familiar to you????  Yes, this is the Three Novels in one Volume set.  It includes the book Plain Promise which I had borrowed from my co-worker.  Ha ha!  Needless to say, I returned her book the next day, with the "Promise" to let her borrow my big book after I had finished reading it.    Must say, I am loving this!  Also that the borrowed book cover looks like this:

So here they are, side by side!
Any differences?  Yes, the single book had recipes.  Mmmm.  Always love to try a new Amish dish!




You have to read these books, all 3!  They are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment