Sunday, November 1, 2015

Deviance by J.F. Penn

This was the first book from this author that I have read, but I understand that it is the end of a trilogy.  However, the characters developed in a way that I could easily pick up the story without having read the previous books. As you are probably thinking, this is definitely not in my normal reading genre.

The author does a good job of describing the dark side of London.  I received an audible version of this book and it was narrated by a woman with a British accent which seemed quite fitting for this book.

As Jamie Brooke, ex-cop and now a private investigator looks to find missing persons and learns of the deviant heroes in the book, whose backgrounds may have brought about the life-style we so frown upon and the upstanding, perhaps self righteous person, may also not be what they appear to be.

This book caters to a different audience then myself so in trying to be objective, I will say that the book was well written, shows life in a world that many of us do not see and can hold an audience if mystery and violence are your reading styles.

For me, I will stick to my regular genres and happily do so.

Disclaimer:  This book has violence, language and reference to sex.
I received an Audible version of this book from the author for my honest review which I have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment