Monday, February 22, 2016

Grace's Forgiveness by Molly Jebber

This was another sweet book by Molly Jebber.  I love Amish books and this one was a good book.  I think I liked some of her other books just a bit better, but this was good none the less.

Grace and her friend Sarah run an Amish store.  The time period is 1900 and the story plays out in Berlin, Ohio.  The Amish rules of this time seem a bit more unbending and I feel it was probably very hard to live by them.  Grace has a birthmark on her cheek which most men have noticed and as a result she is still unmarried.  She has been serving her community as a midwife and does this along with her store.

As a new Amish man comes to town, he purchases the store next to Grace and Sarah's.  He immediately is taken with Grace and seems to not be concerned with her birthmark.  As they become closer, and marriage is imminent, Abel, Marks shunned brother causes difficulties by actions of his past.  These difficulties become more so as Grace's father becomes aware of Mark's brother and as a result no longer allows Grace to be with Mark.  Will Grace's prayers be answered or will they remain apart?

This story was very enjoyable and I hope to read the next book in the series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my review which I have given.


No comments:

Post a Comment