Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Highwayman of Cordovia Audible Version by Linda Weaver Clarke

Linda Weaver Clarke is a talented writer of historical fiction. I enjoyed this in "regular" book format, but loved it in the Audible version.  With the talents of narrator Carolyn Kashner, the characters come to life.  It is so fun and enjoyable to listen as she tells the story.  This is a great relaxing way to read.

The Highwayman of Cordovia is the second book of the new Rebels of Cordovia series by Linda Weaver Clarke.  I love reading a series and seeing characters from a previous book in the series reappear.  It's wonderful to see how things turned out for them. 

This book is the story of Christine, a pastor's daughter and Austin.  Austin and Christine had been friends as youth and separated through the years.   As their paths cross again after many years, things spark up between them.  Yet their lives do not appear to be headed in the same direction.
Christine begins to fall in love with Austin but is not aware of his true self and would not approve of the life he is leading.  The twists and turns will keep you turning the pages.  These books express good moral values and are very enjoyable.
The book is a clean Christian read and historical in nature, which I enjoy.  It was a good book and I look forward to the 3rd book in the series.
I received an Audible version from the author for my honest review which I have given.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed this story. It was fun to write and see the characters come to life. I love doing research when I write period fiction. I learn so much about life way back then.

    ReplyDelete