Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Pharaoh's Daughter by Mesu Andrews

This was the first book I have read written by Mesu Andrews.  I do enjoy Biblical fiction and this book was really good!

It is the story of Anippe whose roles change throughout her life as she sheds her royal robes for slave attire.  As this woman who drew Moses from the Nile, takes him as her own son, she takes on the role of mother, a role she had not wanted due to her personal fears of bearing a child.

This book must have required countless hours of research as fiction is interwoven with fact to bring about this dramatic tale of the life of Moses, Hebrew slaves and Egyptian Royals.

I enjoyed it very much.  This is a great read.

I received an ebook copy of this book from NetGalley for review.  All expressed thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment