Sunday, January 19, 2014

The One Year Book of Amish Peace: Hearing God's Voice in the Simple Things By Tricia Goyer


This is a book to relish, and not to rush. Sometimes I read a book so quickly in the effort to see how it ends. It's a book to enjoy and read over and over to remind you of the important little things in life. We're all in a rush to finish things in our day to day lives but this book is a reminder to relax, enjoy and experience every day. This book has a thought and story for each day of the year. The stories are all uplifting and thought provoking. As I read it, it is a reminder to me of some things I need to be aware of and more appreciative of. The book covers many different topics using the Amish people and their lifestyles as the base and that God's hand. is in our lives no matter who we are or to which religious group we belong and that we need to be able to submit ourselves to His will.

The book has so many great examples of how to bring peace and calm to our ever increasingly hectic paced life and I plan to share it with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment