Saturday, January 31, 2015

Plain Promise by Beth Wiseman

As I had indicated in my last post, I am reading Beth Wiseman's 3 part Volume of the Daughters of the Promise Collection.  They are really great reads.  I will review them individually as I complete them.

The first book in the series was Plain Promise.  This story is about Sadie Fisher who rents out a cottage to a single Englischer named Kade Saunders.  Kade is a big-wig businessman whose fast-paced life has brought him to the peaceful Amish community for a much needed break from his daily work.  As he and Sadie come to know each other their lives become somewhat complicated as a relationship begins to bloom.

Kade is surprised as he finds that his ex-wife has decided to drop off their 5 year-old autistic son while she has some surprising plans of her own.  Kade is unsure how to deal with his new responsibilities and Sadie forms a bond with his son, Tyler.

After a time, the man that Sadie has been writing to, having thought that they would marry someday, arrives from Texas to take Sadie to meet his family.

The story is amazing and I highly recommend this book to all fans of the Amish genre.  A definite 5 star read!  I will be reading all three of these delightful and page turning books!  Never a dull moment here!

Author Beth Wiseman:

No comments:

Post a Comment