Saturday, February 13, 2016

100 Lecie Parafii 1916-2016 by Adam Czmuchowski


This is a little bit different kind of a book review and is also being posted on my Genealogy blog.  This is a book about one of my ancestral towns.  It is about the parish church 100th anniversary in Klein Tschansch. This is a part of Breslau/Wroclaw.  My mother was born in Breslau and her mother put her and her sister in the convent here for child care during the week.  I knew my mother had been in a convent but she always thought it was the Ursulinen convent in Breslau.  However, through the Melde/moving records of Breslau I discovered that she and her sister had both stayed here.

I am not sure about the availability of this book.  But if anyone else shares a common ancestral history, it will be great information to know about.  The author is a well-versed and educated man who knows incredible amounts of historical information about the entire Catholic complex that served the people here.

I just wanted to share this with all of you.  I met Adam Czmuchowski on one of my trips to Poland and it was a wonderful experience to be able to learn some of the things he shared with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment