Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Shadow Falls v. 3 Fire and Steel Series by Gerald N. Lund

Another great book by Gerald N. Lund.  The Shadow Falls is v. 3 of the Fire and Steel series.  I have enjoyed everything I have previously read from this author, and I have to say that continues after having read this book.

This book shows how easily good people can be influenced by what appears to be "well-intentioned" people and how they could be deceived into following leaders with motives are not for the good of the people.

In this pre-WWII time period book, it becomes apparent how gradually people can become confused and lead away unknowingly making decisions that can lead them in the wrong paths.

Hans and Emilee's family begins to grow and Hans finds himself as a close friend and confidant of the Führer and becomes heavily involved with the party.  It seems at first all is for the good of a nation, but we all know how this story goes.

Having had parents that grew up in Germany in this time period, I have personal insights in the historical events of this book.  As a result I found this series very enthralling and an excellent reads which keep you reading till the end.

The events and characters in this series intertwine with other books he has written and you see families from his other books in this series as their paths cross and their lives mingle to create a most interesting set of books.  You won't want to miss any of them.

I highly recommend this book, the whole series, for that fact!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review.  All thoughts are my own and no monetary compensation was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment