Saturday, April 15, 2017

The World of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Marta McDowell

I grew up on Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I was a Minnesota gal!  My favorite teacher shared two wonderful book series with us.  The Box Car Children and all things Laura Ingalls Wilder!

I fell in love with the pioneering spirit of these wonderful books.  The trials, the joy, sadness and heartache that all was apart of their lives.

As an adult, I returned to Minnesota and we visited Burr Oak, in Iowa which was not far from my Minnesota border town home.  Now I've shared my love of these books with my daughter and also my granddaughter.

These books are so special to me and I was so thrilled to see this commemorative book on behalf of Laura's 150th birthday.

The book is beautiful and does a real loving memory to this wonderful author and pioneering woman.  Her illustrations and art work are just amazing and the text brought a few tears to my eyes as I remembered the stories and the details of the lives of these people who became a part of my growing up years.  Such a beautiful book, the kind you want to leave on your coffee table for all to browse through.

And as a genealogist, I loved looking at the plat maps, seeing where they lived throughout their lives. I never really realized how often they started over, although I knew that there were several homes.

This book is truly a reminder of the many happy childhood memories this author shared with me and many others who have loved and treasured her books.  So happy to have had a chance to see this wonderful tribute to Laura Ingalls Wilder.

I received an e-book version of this book from NetGalley for my honest review, which I have given. All thoughts are my own.

You can pre-order this book at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment