Friday, November 30, 2018

Together Forever by Jody Hedlund

I think that this is my first book from Jody Hedlund.  I got this book at the local library for my mother who is a voracious reader.  After she finished, she mentioned that I should read it too.  She said it was really good.  So I did.  And she was right. 

This historical fiction book was about a man, Drew, and woman, Marianne that were taking a train with 31 orphaned children out to the west to find new families.  I had heard a bit about the orphan trains and this book was very well researched and the stories of the children were sometimes based on actual orphan train experiences. There was romance and a bit of mystery and it was very, very good. It was really a captivating read. It totally held my interest till the last page.  It apparently was book 2 of a series.  I will have to hunt for book 1! I highly recommend this book and this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment