Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Mennonite Queen by Patrick E. Craig

I couldn't wait to read this book.  Then I absolutely could not put it down till I finished every page.  This book is set in the times of great religious reformation so it was right up this German/Polish genealogist's alley.

There was lots of research needed to create a book of this type.  That was clear and the events were exciting and heartbreaking at the same time.  The storyline flowed well and the characters easily became alive as they interacted and reacted to the times of their days.  I could actually "see" what they saw and experienced.  Just like being there.  I highly recommend this excellent book interwoven into a time of strong religious discontent and intolerance.  A must read!

I received an ebook copy from the author.  All thoughts are my own.

1 comment: