Friday, September 6, 2019

You Belong With Me byTari Faris

This was a very real contemporary read with real-life issues.  Hannah is a realtor who is not selling too many houses.  The reason:  She wants to maintain the historic atmosphere of her hometown.  But there is someone who wants to rid the town of it's historic buildings and make the area a strip mall. 

It is against everything Hannah believes in.  I loved her convictions, and I know that had it been me, I would have fought for historical over modern any day.  The characters were easy to care for, with backgrounds that were difficult and feelings that were hard to overcome. 

The conflict between Hannah and her brother Thomas were moving as Thomas deserts the girl he has dated for years, the girl everyone expected him to settle down with.

The storyline was so captivating and I couldn't put this book down.  I hadn't read anything from this author prior to this book, but I can say she is an excellent author.  I look forward to reading lots more of her books! 

I received a copy of this book.  All thoughts are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment