Thursday, October 17, 2019

The Roll of The Drums by Jan Drexler

This was a really good historical Amish book.  It was book 2 of the Amish of Weaver's Creek.  I love historical and the characters in this book were such caring and good people even through the hardest times. 

The characters had some life-changing trials and challenges.  And I loved the promises made, the difficulties, the forgiving and the deep friendships.This book took place during the Civil War period making it a hard time for the Amish.

This book was so good.  I really loved reading it.  Didn't want it to end...

I felt all the feelings of Gideon at the passing of his wife, the promise she wanted him to make and the responsibility he felt towards his children. This book was very poignant and stirring.  I highly recommend it to all those who love Amish fiction. 

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing.  All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment