Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Trespasser by Jennifer Spredemann

This was an excellent example of God's love for His people regardless of their past.  He loves and watches for them.

The characters, Kayla and Bailey Johnson are mother and little daughter, who find themselves in a raging storm in Indiana as they travel to Pennsylvania.  Looking for a place to stop and rest from the elements brings them to an empty Amish house.  The door is unlocked and in their desperation, they enter and decide to spend the night.  All is well, until Amish caretaker, Silas, comes to check on the property during the storm.

The storyline was really engaging.  I absolutely loved it.  I wanted the book to go on and on, yet at the same time, I wanted to find out what happens so wasn't able to stop till I had finished reading it!

The Christian values that are written into the book are heartwarming and shared real-life experiences that could happen to anyone.  This story of second chances was a great example of growth, repentance and moving on past sorrows and trials.

I received an ebook copy of this book from the author.  All thoughts are my own.

1 comment: