Saturday, July 19, 2014

Callie is the New Nancy Drew! "Material Witness" by Vannetta Chapman

 When I was a young girl, not a week went by that I didn't run to the local but tiny library in my hometown in Minnesota.  My friends and I were hooked on Nancy Drew and had to read all the books we could get our hands on!

Well, now I am hooked on Vannetta's Shipshewana Amish Mystery series.  I just read Material Witness and truly enjoyed it.  Callie is back with all the friends I have enjoyed in previous books and reminds me of those youthful days at the library, making sure I read the entire series.  I'm doing it again.

In this book, a young Amish boy, Aaron witness a murder.  From this point on the lives of the people of Shipschewana are about to change as the murderer's agenda is to find some money he is certain the Callie has in her possession. 

This book has danger, romance, love of friends and family and people from different walks of life working together for the good of the community.  It's a fun and good book and I recommend it to all, especially the "slightly" older generation of Nancy Drew fans!

Keep writing those great mysteries, Vannetta!  You have a fan! 

You can get a copy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment