Monday, March 2, 2015

Huckleberry Harvest by Jennifer Beckstrand

Anna and Felty Helmuth are grandparents who love their grandchildren.  They would do anything to make sure that their grandchildren are all happily married to the perfect person.  This book is part  5 of the Huckleberry Hill series which takes place in Bonduel, WI.  This is an Amish village that I have visited myself which makes the book special for me.  This book will be available in May 2015.

Mandy comes to visit Anna and Felty as well as her best friend, Kristina from her home in Charm, Ohio.  No sooner does she arrive than well-meaning Anna sets out to find Mandy a beau.  And this beau must meet all the requirements, good teeth etal!

Mandy also meets Noah, who doesn't make a good impression on her in the least.  She does find out that Kristina considers him her property and involves Mandy in her plans to get Noah!

But Noah has secrets that are not easily shared and that are difficult for him to deal with.  Mandy tries to help only to find her help is not wanted.  Anna continues to find good suitable matches for Mandy while Felty has hired Noah to do some work on the house.  The story unfolds in a most captivating way.  I couldn't put it down.

The story brings out the feelings of family and community trust, and help.  None of us can do it all alone.  We need each other. And others in our lives want to help when and how they can.

The characters were very enjoyable and the book will hold your attention.  And the storyline was so good.  You will hate when this ends.  I wanted it to keep on going!  Can I give 10 stars?  Yes! 5 just will not do!

Now to wait for the next book, Huckleberry Hearts which will be out in Dec. 2015.

Author Jennifer Beckstrand's website can be found here.

I was given a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review, which I have given

1 comment:

  1. Sonya! I am so glad you enjoyed the book! Noah is one of my favorite characters ever. I hope readers will laugh out loud at some of Anna's antics. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete