Sunday, August 26, 2018

My Heart Belongs in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania Clarissa's Conflict

I have been following the "My Heart Belongs" series from it's onset.  I doubt that I have missed any of the books, so far.  I hope that I am able to read them all.

This one grabbed me right away from page 1.  It takes place during the Civil War period.  Clarissa is a strong fiery character with red hair to go along with that personality.  She is a member of the Underground Railroad, actively helping the slaves.  She's pretty amazing.

You can tell that the author was well versed historically and this made the book more interesting to me as I love history.  Kind of goes hand in hand with my occupation of genealogist! 

The book flowed and read well.  Enjoyed it and it keeps me wanting to read more of this heartwarming series!

I received an ebook copy of this book from NetGalley for my review.  I received no monetary compensation.  All thoughts are my own.

1 comment: