Sunday, August 18, 2019

Educated by Tara Westover

My daughter suggested this book to me.  I am not really exactly sure what I think.  If everything is true that took place in her life, it is a tragic tale of a woman who sought to overcome.   There are so many bad things taking place in her life, it is almost impossible to fathom it all.  I don't know quite what to say about this one.  As she grows to womanhood and strays from the ways of her being raised, I cheer for her and wonder how much is actually just a memory or true fact.  Did all that really happen?

Well, it was interesting and I'm glad I read it and hope that her life has improved now.
I didn't agree with all the points on the LDS Church, and noted she mentioned "Christening" in the beginning, which is not something done in the LDS Church, also her views on polygamy were not  completely ontrack.  Her father definitely had issues beyond the norm and it was hard to watch her mother not handle things better with the abusive brother.

But I'm sadly certain, she wasn't the only one facing those horrible trials in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment