Saturday, July 12, 2014

An Amish Harvest V. 1 By Samantha Jillian Bayarr

This is part 1 of An Amish Harvest.  It was a free Nook download which I downloaded to my Nook App on my computer.  It is only a 19 page read so was quite short.  I believe that there are two more parts.  I also thought that I downloaded part three through my Kindle.  But I haven't located it on my Kindle Fire.  I will check again.  I do want to see where the story goes!

Bailey Parker is told in a estate settlement that she can have the apple orchards and property of her Aunt's farm if she is able to  bring in the harvest by herself.  She is determined to do so.  The property was tended to by an Amish tenant farmer and his two children for the last five years, Hannah and Luke.

Both Hannah and Luke are most prepared to help Bailey with the harvest considering she is young and inexperienced.  She wants to do it on her own.  Of course, it is not as easy as she thinks.  An attraction between Luke and Bailey seems to be building in V. 1.  Yet Bailey feels she is to do the harvest alone, no help!  After an accident sets her back and things become somewhat desperate, will she agree to Luke's help? 

An interesting recipe for Amish Apple Fritters is included at the end of this read by Diana Montgomery. 

The story is very easy reading.  I give it 3 1/2 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment