Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Shamrock Case by Linda Weaver Clarke

I am so happy I read this cozy mystery.  It was right up my alley.  Why?  Because I am a genealogist by profession.  And in this book, the main character, Amelia Moore, a detective, is looking for the family of a young woman, Kate, who was adopted after the death of both of her parents.  She knows they were from Ireland and wants to find her family if possible.  Being a genealogist, I do this everyday as part of my work, also.  I have also worked on a few adoption cases and heir searches. I have also traveled abroad to do research, so I guess that makes me a bit of a detective, also!

About the book:  Amelia and her employee, Rick, head to Ireland after hired by Kate to find her family.  Amelia and Rick meet some trouble when the run into Art, the jilted ex-fiancé of Kate's mother.  He is a trouble maker and causes problems throughout the story.  As Amelia and Rich search for the grandparents of Kate, they also have some down-time to tour the places on Kate's bucket list. 

This is a cute story and there are unexpected results to the search for Kate's family.  You will have to read this sweet story.  It's a fun and enjoyable read.

You can find Linda at her blog at the following link.  And you can purchase her book here.  I am sure you will enjoy this nice book! 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun review! I was able to learn more about you and what you do through this review. That made it more interesting to me and others.

    ReplyDelete