Monday, July 6, 2015

A River of Stones by Kathryn Elizabeth Jones

I recently finished this book and have to say I really enjoyed it.  I could take myself back in time a bit to the 60's when I was in about the same age group as the character, Samantha.  However, my childhood did not have the experience that Samantha's had.  But of course, I have known many whose life did have the disruptions of divorce and realize what a space that leaves empty in a child's heart and mind.

This book shared Samantha's inner feelings, her joys, sadnesses and her mistakes.  It also depicts the friendship process of gaining, losing and keeping friends.  Something that pretty much every experiences.

I thought this was a down-to-earth book that was a fun and fast read.  I enjoyed it very much.  I enjoyed that she brought her religion into the book, because it is part of the author's life and something that she holds dear and knows that religion usually offers solace to an injured heart and soul.  As Samantha searches for life's answers, she comes of age, and she learns to cope, understand and deal with all that life has dealt her with.  A very good book!

Author: Kathryn Elizabeth Jones
Here is a link to Kathryn's author page at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment