Monday, August 24, 2015

A Secret Encounter by J.E.B. Spredemann


Synopsis:
Shunned in his late teens, Joseph Bender has lived a difficult life the past few years. He's convinced he's finished with the Amish and God, until he meets kindhearted Anna Smucker. Life on the streets has proved to be a stark contrast to the comforts of an Amish community. Will Joe be able to overcome the trials set before him to find a new life of love? Can a secret encounter change his life forever? Inspirational Christian Fiction

I received this book in an "Audible" format.  I loved it.  It was a really interesting read.  I loved the fact that I could just plug in my earphones and listen as I went to and from work and relax and just enjoy this book.   I really loved the very unique and different storyline of this book.  Not like so many others that I have read.  This one was different and so very interesting.  

Anna Smucker is the female heroine of the story who takes on a personal calling to help two down-on-their luck street men.  Not your ordinary Amish tale.  The book is about more than just one Secret encounter, but you will have to read or listen to the book to find out what those are.  

I enjoyed how the author incorporated some very good scriptures which fit so wonderfully in the plot format.  It really was touching and moving at times.  The author also talks about her "Project Vagabond" and explains how she wants to help those less fortunate in a safe yet caring manner.  I think she has some great ideas and is very compassionate.  

The narrator, Lisa Larsen, did an excellent job of telling the tale with lots of expression to add interest to the book and the characters that were portrayed.

This is definitely a 5 star book that readers of Amish fiction will enjoy very much.  The Audible version was a really nice bonus!

Disclosure:  I was given an Audible copy of this book from the author for my honest review which I have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment