Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Amish Christmas Sleigh Novella Compilation

I was lucky to be able to read this very enjoyable Christmas compilation.  Below are the three book synopsis for the book.  There are three great Amish authors that have contributed to this set.

A SLEIGH RIDE ON ICE MOUNTAIN
Kelly Long 
For solitary toy-maker Sebastian Christner, hiring Kate Zook as his new housekeeper is simply the right thing to do. Now she can support her special-needs brother. But one taste of her independent spirit is showing him undreamed-of holiday joy—and making him long to give her a home for always . . .

My thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book as I read about bachelor Sebastian and the toys that he created and gave to the children.  He was a renowned toy maker, even having a computer to take orders. The bishop might not be happy, but it was worth it for him to see the kids' faces light with happiness.  Needing a housekeeper, Kate fits the bill and her longing for a real family finds peace in taking care of Sebastian's home until...  (you'll have to read it!)

There is a little bit of sexual tension in this book, but it didn't go beyond that.  It was a great way to start the holiday with a book that has warm feelings and brings a happy holiday spirit.

A MAMM FOR CHRISTMAS
Amy Lillard
Bernice Yoder has far too much to do to entertain holiday dreams. Even if she can help Jess Schmucker outwit his three mischievous young daughters, it's impossible to imagine the handsome widower can see her as anything but a scolding schoolteacher. He never guesses how a magical Christmas Eve will open his eyes to love or how Der Herr will awaken their faith and hope. 

My thoughts:
Amy Lillard has quickly become one of my favorite Amish authors.  I always know that the story will bring out the true spirit of Amish fiction.  As the daughters secretly plot in this story you will become engaged in their cause and be rooting for them.  It is a story of hope and happiness, perfect for a great holiday read!  I loved it and it even brought a few tears to my eyes.  Great story!

AN UNEXPECTED CHRISTMAS BLESSING
Molly Jebber
As much as Charity Lantz's children need a father, the young widow isn’t sure her new neighbor Luke Fisher can ever be the right choice. They’re having more disagreements than snowflakes in December. Besides, he's never given a sign he wants to be more than friends. Can Gott show them a way past their misunderstandings to a forever love?

My thoughts:
This is the second work of Molly Jebber that I have read and reviewed.  I enjoyed the first book very much and this one as well.  The story is engaging and fun.  Above all, I enjoy the Christian values.  Great job, Molly!  I will be reading more of your books!

You can pre-order this Amish book set at this link.  I know you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment