Saturday, October 3, 2015

Katia by Bruce Judisch

This book by Bruce Judisch was an amazing read, especially for me and my personal family background.  My parents were refugees from East Germany and I was born in a refugee camp in the west.

As he wrote about the events that took place in the life of Katia, I could totally relate to it.  It was very similar to stories my parents shared about life under this regime.

Although a work of fiction, it was clear that he had done his research well for this book.

The book has some very intriguing twists as the young journalist who commits to writing Katia's memoirs finds out about herself in a way she never expected.

The book is EXCELLENT and I loved it.  It was clearly an amazing work of writing.  I have the second book, "For Maria" and am enjoying it already.  Can't wait to read it!

The author Bruce Judisch.
You can find Katia here at Amazon.com.  You will not be sorry.  I was so lucky to have won this great book in a giveaway recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment