Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Substitute Bride by Carrie Fancett Pagels




OK, so I am as excited as the author to see this book come out!  Why, you ask?  Well, she gave her main character my name, both first and last names.  How is that for cool?  This is for sure a first for me!

Now one might think this would make me a bit prejudiced as to my review, but I'll be honest it was a very good book.  Actually, I enjoy all of Carrie's books and I was honored to have her choose to use my name.

In this book, Sonja, a postal worker, receives a letter intended for a friend who has passed away.  It turns out to be a proposal of marriage for her friend.  Sonja decides to answer the letter to be a substitute bride in place of her deceased friend, Cora...  and to travel to meet Louis in South Dakota without knowing the outcome.  Now there's a brave woman!

But her desperate feelings are founded on a father who is expecting Sonja to get married and trying to arrange it for her with the promise that if she isn't married by Christmas, he is putting her out of his house.

As Louis, author of the proposal letter, surprisingly appears on the scene, how will he respond to the very tall Sonja and how will he react to the news of Cora's passing and a possible substitute bride?

This was a fun novella.  I enjoyed it very much.  Carrie can tell a fun tale and keep you guessing as to what the outcome will be.  You'll want to read this fun Christmas story and truly start to enjoy the Season!

Here is a link to her latest release! And here is a link to more of her books!

The author Carrie Fancett Pagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment