Sunday, April 17, 2016

Amish Sweethearts by Leslie Gould

Amish Sweethearts was book 2 in the Neighbors of Lancaster County.  Unfortunately, I didn't read book 1, but I did get to read book 2.  This contemporary Amish story is set in the year 2010 which is a time period we can all relate to, of course.  I did feel that it was great as a stand alone novel sans book 1 as well.

The story of Lila and Zane was very interesting and has kept me quickly reading and hating to put the book down.  Zane is "Englisch" and Lila is Amish.  They have feelings towards one another but realize those feelings shouldn't and couldn't come to much because of Lila's faith in her religion, her loyalty to family and the fact that she was already baptized into the church.

As a result Zane signs up for the military and leaves Lila who was being courted by Amish man Reuben, much to the happiness of her family.  But was she happy?

The book is really good.  I enjoyed it so much.  Definitely an A+ for this one.  It is the first book of this author that I have read.  Will be reading more!

No comments:

Post a Comment