Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Orphan Bride by Brandi Gabriel

This book by Brandi Gabriel was the first I have actually read about orphan trains.  I found it quite interesting.  In fact I felt like I would like to find out more about this and searched it on the internet and found some interesting facts at this link.

This was a really nice historical novella which held my interest throughout.  The characters are interesting and you instantly like most of them.  It is an enjoyable Christian and clean read.

Lucy and Travis, twins, are separated when Travis was adopted and she remained with the orphan train.  Their paths moved in different directions and with different results.  Lucy cares for Joan on the train and takes on a mother role to her.  But neither knows what their future holds.

I really enjoyed the story and wouldn't mind reading a continuation of this book.  Very nice read!  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment